- Slide 1
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I submit my cv?
- You may submit your cv along with an application using our online application. You can apply for jobs in your desired location and apply for the position of interest in the WIS Careers, Job Search area of this site.
Please note: We do not accept agency submitted cv’s through our online application.
Q: If I previously worked for WIS International, how do I apply?
- If you are a former employee of WIS International or Washington Inventory Service you will need to complete the online application for your position of interest and be sure to indicate that you were previously employed by one of these companies.
Q: How do I know if my cv was received?
- Within 5 minutes of submitting your online application, you will be sent an email to the address provided on your application confirming that we have received it.
Q: My computer froze while attempting to submit my application, was that information saved?
- Unfortunately, your information is not saved unless you successfully submit your application. If you received an email that means your application was successfully received. If you did not receive a confirmation email within 5 minutes of your submission, you will need to complete a new application.
Q: What are the steps in the recruitment process?
- Once your online application has been submitted through our Website, it will be reviewed by a recruiter. If your background or qualifications are a potential match, we typically contact you via phone or email for an interview within 7-10 days. Your application will remain on file for 30 days should you not be immediately considered for a position.
Please note: Our offices receive a large volume of applications. As a result, WIS International is unfortunately unable to provide status updates.
Q:Is the Inventory Associate position Full-time or Part-time?
- Inventory Associate positions are considered part-time positions with no guaranteed number of hours and hours will fluctuate depending on business needs.
Q: Notable skills for Inventory Associates include (but are not limited to):
- Maths Aptitude
- Enjoy a fast paced environment
- Enjoy being part of a team
Q: What are the requirements for your positions?
- Each job posting has specific requirements listed on the job description.
Q: Do you perform drug testing prior to employment?
- WIS International is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment free of alcohol and drug use. We require that all employees consent to testing.
Please note: Certain positions, job duties, and customers do require drug testing and/or background checks. These requirements may be for pre-employment testing and random testing for safety requirements.
Q: How many hours a week are guaranteed for Inventory Associates?
- We cannot guarantee that you will receive a minimum amount of scheduled working hours per week, as the nature of our business is based on client needs that fluctuate.
Q: What are the work hours like for Inventory Associates?
- We have jobs that start early mornings, some evenings and most weekends. It really depends on when our customers need us. The hours vary depending on the area you will be working in and the time of year it is. As an hourly Inventory Associate your availability, performance and reliability will determine the number of hours that you are scheduled to work.
Q: Is there a dress code for Inventory Associates?
- Our Inventory Associates are required to wear black full length trousers and flat black shoes with tread.
Q: Is WIS International committed to Safety for its employees?
- Yes, WIS International is very committed to safety for all of our employees. Our current company-wide motto is “Safety Starts with Me.”
Q: Do I have to travel?
- We work at customers locations. This may involve traveling across town, to the next town and may involve overnight travel. In most of our offices transportation to and from local job sites is provided by WIS. Our employees consistently say that the opportunity to travel and work in different locations everyday is one of the best features of working for WIS.
Q: Will I have an opportunity to advance in my career ability?
- At WIS we believe in personal development and provide the opportunity for each employee to reach his or her highest potential. There are a variety of opportunities to learn, train, and demonstrate your skills. WIS has a long history of employees advancing their careers within WIS.
Read through some of our Success Stories.
Q: What is a typical day like as an Inventory Manager?
- There is no typical day as an Inventory Manager. You’ll soon discover that every day is different because it’s filled with exciting, rewarding and often unexpected challenges. We are constantly challenged to find creative solutions and meet deadlines. As an Inventory Manager you have the opportunity to train direct reports, manage employee productivity, as well as become the company liaison to our customers. There is one consistent aspect – everyday you’ll learn more about customer service, business management and people development than you ever imagined.
Q: What is a dedicated team?
- At WIS International we also have teams that are specific to one particular retailer. These crews typically travel overnight during a work week to a variety of different locations.
Q: Where is WIS International located?
- Presently WIS International operates across Europe, Japan, North America, South America, China, Mexico, and Canada. Our Corporate Headquarters is in San Diego, California and our Canadian Headquarters is in Toronto, Canada.
Q: Do you have a Modern Slavery Policy?
- Yes we do – see the document via this link.